Monday, November 21, 2005

Pushing the envelope


See? I even did it. I wrote what I saw written on the inner sanctums of my heart and then got scared because I felt I was going to make everyone feel uncomfortable. I said what I needed to say and then quickly moved to lighten the mood.
Not that a light mood isn't exactly what we need in these times, but I wanted to be honest about my intentions there. I WAS shaking my booty like never before with my grooving so-nearly-4 year old, and I intend to do so every day for as long as I'm blessed with life... But I don't want to feel like I need to lighten the mood when I speak my truth.
I just got home from seeing "Water" tonight. Nothing I didn't know before. Nothing I didn't see when I lived in those lands. But as the screen faded to black, my heart squeezed and I cried for our world. I cried for the children that are forgotten. I cried for the widows that are mistreated, our species everywhere who are traumatized just because they were born on the wrong side of the ocean... Goddess, help us help ourselves. Help us help each other. Help us truly know at the deepest level that we are all one and when one child cries, every one of our hearts ache. Help us realize that this is the sadness that prevails within us no matter what we do. Teach our hearts that until all of us are free, none of us are free. And show me how to do my part... thank you. amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen, sister. thanks for expressing it so beautifully.
xoj