Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Love's Day!

I LOVE Valentine's Day. Always have. Is it too commercialized these days? Of course! But honestly, what isn't? Food, Love, Interiors... anything you can think of, it's too commercialized these days. LIFE is too commercialized if you let it be. But you can choose to celebrate these sweet days in your own way. That's what we're doing. That's the Valentine my sweet little A handed me this morning. And the mug is from a dear dear friend... It's a beautiful morning and we're heading outside to celebrate LIFE! (Well, me perched on the front stoop whilst my chilluns run around in the mud!)
These are the little goody boxes I made for each of the kids. I made the boxes out of a 1997 Mary Engelbreit calendar I happened to have saved... And the goodies inside? gold butterscotch and red candyhearts... mmmmm... the stuff of childhood...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Lovely!!! I treasure the memories of all holidays of my childhood - egg-dyeing, valentines, gingerbread houses, etc- and I love having the chance to make similar ones (or sometimes not so similar, but special, nonetheless) for my children.

Dragonflydownunder said...

I love it!!....and a new mug!!