Wednesday, February 14, 2007

We are so blessed

Yesterday was our last trip to the pediatrician for awhile. The last of the lab results were in. My wee P proved everyone wrong. Way back in October the doctor told me the "best and worst case scenarios", and I wanted to believe that he was wrong, but I'm not sure I really did. At least not at first. But as we waded through all the diagnostics, I started to believe with all my heart that I was witnessing a miracle -- that the doctors were wrong -- that there was nothing wrong with my wee boy. Was there ever? I'll never know. And it doesn't matter. For right now, he is in perfect health -- all the scads of blood tests and x-rays and ultrasound came back normal. YAY! And look at him, wearing his sisters favourite dancing dress, whirling up a STORM.
I believe that everything happens for a reason, and the reason behind all the worry, behind all the what-if's, behind all the tears and the fear was this: to powerfully remind me to be present with my children, with the whole of my sweet life... to be grateful for every moment I have with each member of my family. When my children refuse to eat what I cook and half an hour later wail with hunger, I think of mothers who have nothing to feed their children and my frustration evaporates. When my children need me in the night leaving me foggy in the morning I think of mothers who don't have their children anymore, crying into their pillows and my frustration disappears. When my children fight with each other, screaming in each others' faces I think of women who can't have children and my anger dissipates.
I am truly blessed. Thank you for your prayers and lit candles. I am forever grateful. I am changed. I am present. I am awake. xo

4 comments:

Dragonflydownunder said...

That is So fantastic that Pedar is totally whole....and look at him, the little imp!! gorgeous!!

Andrea said...

Oh I am so glad! Thank the Goddess!

Anonymous said...

Yay! What a relief to know this for sure! Love the picture of P! We are truly blessed with our beautiful, whole, complete children. Thanks for the reminder to be present and cherish each moment. Z and I have spend lots of time in bed together healing this week and it's been so nice to just BE together.
xojacq

new rhodes said...

Yay! So glad for you all.
H xx