Thursday, June 05, 2008

Blooming in the Garden...

I always mourn the end of lilac season. It never seems to last long enough. There are still a few blooms effusing their heady perfume into our yard, but I'm reminded that there are other beauties just coming on blooming too!
I love our snowball bush.
It's like a giant hydrangea tree to me
This is the first year this "black iris" has bloomed. It's more beautiful than I'd imagined it would be.
We have loads of iris blooming, but this one sort of snuck out from beside a path without being invited and we love the colour of it too!
Poppies. A huge favourite for me.

Siberian iris blooming for the first time too... They used to grow wild in Alaska and I'd stop and pick armloads of them from the ditches. They'd only last a day, picked, but I loved them so...
Coral bells. I love any bits of red and blue or purple in the garden...
And a little cranesbill given by a friend last spring.

No comments: